2nd Oct 2014
We’re looking for a middleweight designer to join our crack creative team working at IIB Studio in Shoreditch, London.
You’re passionate about data visualization and infographics with numerous self-initiated or freelance projects to show us.
You’ll know your treemaps from your icicle trees, and how to choose the right visualization device for the right data. You’ll have a solid grounding in graphic design, typography and layout. And understanding editorial hierarchy is second nature.
An extra bonus would be interactive, coding or motion graphic experience. Or an editorial background.
* Working in a tight-knit, co-operative team
* Concepting, sketching, working up ideas
* Artworking, fine-tuning and anal graphic design nit-pickery
* Exploring colour, style and type routes
* Plotting, mapping and schematising data
* Liasing with researchers to refine data and answer questions
* Creating moodboards for self-inspiration
Qualities we’re after:
* Unfailing enthusiasm for dataviz and infographics
* Passion for information, knowledge and understanding things
* Familiarity with IIB’s considerable library of beautiful work
* A developed visual sense, good design taste, good feel
* Incredible attention to detail, triggering proper “upset” if elements are mis-aligned or wrong
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Not ‘scared’ of data, information, research or spreadsheets!
* Responsive to feedback and creative direction
* Ability to work and maintain creativity under pressure
* Ability to work speedily on drafts and not get too attached to versions (this is team work!)
* But also able to “lock in” and explore a design-idea to its limits
* Ninjascopic skills in Illustrator and InDesign
Closing date: 12th November 2014
Contact: Email portfolio and / or links to:
duncan [AT] iibstudio [DOT] com with subject line: “Beautiful Job”